As part of the HERITAGE THAT TELLS STORIES the Croatian-American Society cordially invites you to the interactive presentation of traditional Navajo Indian weaving (USA) and Konavle Embroidery (HR), which will be held on Friday, March 9, 2018, from 17:00 to 19:00
Trg Mažuranića 14, Zagreb
The interactive presentation workshops are lead by:
- Ms. Tahnibaa Naathaanii, Navajo Indian (fifth-generation Navajo weaver)
- Ms. Sara Rupert, an associate at the Navajo Workshops
- Ms. Antonija Rusković Radonić, Director of the Konavle Museum and Gallery
The presentation workshops include the following activities:
- Exhibition Tour of the WEAVEN MESSAGES
- Introductory lecture with a film about Navajo culture and traditional weaving skills (in English)
- Introductory brief lecture on the art of Konavle embroidery
- Interactive presentation workshops of Navajo weaving and Konavle embroidery (drawing of silk) which are lead and directed by the hosts
For more information, please call 091 2422 343
Please note that the total number of participants is limited. Reserve your spot by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +385 1 2422 343 (Ms. Biserka Lovrečić and Marijana Tadić).
The entrance is free, we look forward to your visit!